Your daily duties will include:
- Design new products from Cradle to Grave.
- Work as an essential part of the technical team including the prototyping and testing of new products in readiness for product launch.
- Manage multiple projects within agreed budget and project timescales.
- Work alongside Procurement, Quality control, assembly to ensure the effective delivery of all new products into production.
- Leading technical design reviews and analysis on existing products to improve efficiency & quality.
- Keep up to date with all new LED technology including controls and smart technologies.
- Accountability for production documents, drawings, wiring diagrams and all technical files. (Elements of technical support, product training and CPD presentations).
The ideal candidate will have:
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally, with close attention to detail.
- Organisational and numerical skills to manage projects, budgets, and specifications etc.
- High level of design and development of new and updated products using Solidworks 2D/3D CAD system.
- Proven knowledge and experience of product development and design application.
- Min 3 years’ experience in the Commercial lighting sector or very similar.